We are officially moved in, YEA!!!! Last Thursday night our good friend Bethany kept Owen for us so we could come over to the new house and get it clean for move in day. It took us about 4 hours to get it where I felt good about moving in.
Friday morning the movers arrived around 8:45 am and they started loading the truck. I was a little nervous about what to do with Owen and the dogs while they were there and I think I made myself sick thinking about it. I woke up that morning throwing up and very anxious. Fortunately, our neighbors across the street, Bob and Betty, offered to watch Owen. They kept him from 9:00 am until 4 pm. What a BLESSING! This allowed me to continue packing wardrobe boxes and other things we just ran out of time to get packed. Danny, on the other hand was sitting at the new house waiting on the appliances to be delivered.
Once the movers packed the truck(s)... they ended up calling for a second truck.... we headed over to unload. They were great! They put each box and piece of furniture in the room where we wanted it and assembled our beds and Owen's crib. All I had to do was dress the beds and start unpacking and washing everything.
Danny and I spent most of Friday night getting things settled and ALL day Saturday washing linens and dishes (if it went into a box, it got washed.) We pretty much were unpacked by Saturday night with a few exceptions. We have a few boxes with decorative accessories and picture frames and a box of odds and ends that I just don't know where to put yet and we haven't hung anything on the walls. I am waiting until our living room furniture is ready and then we can see we how we live in the house before we start decorating it.
On Sunday, Danny's dad and step mom came to help with a few projects. I was really not pleased with the hearth the mason's put together with our fireplace, so Dan and Danny cut our hardwoods to make the area larger and they pulled up the stone that had been laid. Danny and I are hoping to go today to pick out something new for the area. We are so ready for the fireplace to be complete and to start touching up the paint around it. Dan and Danny also hung most of our towel bars, rings and toilet paper holders and a security latch to keep Owen out of the pantry. Did I mention we have a PANTRY? We didn't have one before; I am so excited :)
Yesterday, the storm door and blinds were installed and we are putting the deposit down on the fence next Tuesday. Things are really coming together and I must say Danny, Owen and myself have transitioned very well. Molly and Sam, on the other had, have probably had the toughest time adjusting. They have seemed a little sad and confused since we moved. I have read it takes a few weeks for pets to really get acclimated.
I'll try and post pictures soon. I have my camera here, but I can't find the USB cord to upload the pictures. I assume it is still at the other house. We are having dinner with Bob and Betty tonight and I hope to do some cleaning over there (the old house, not Bob and Betty's) and get the last few things still lingering around the house.
** I'll be honest, I am tired and I don't feel like proof reading this post, so please don't hold me accountable for and grammatical errors.**
4 comments:
I know what it's like to move! We just did it last month, April 4th to be exact. We still have a few boxes in the garage and bonus room to unpack, but I'm not sure what I want to do with them. You forget all the things you have to buy too when you move, we had to buy blinds, a fridge, a shower door, riding lawn mower.... We did get a few estimates for a fence. Can you say WOW? They are so expensive, or maybe we just want the expensive ones. We have champagne tastes, but on a beer budget, hah!
I can't wait to see the pictures and I will google monkey cakes. I love that theme!
Wow gal! Sounds like you've got things under control. I can't wait to see everything & you!
Heidi
Congrats on the move!! I can't imagine moving while pregnant, so kudos to you! But it does help when you have movers. We had them when we came out here and we have vowed to never move again without them! Can't wait to see pictures!
Im glad that you guys are getting settled in and I can't wait to see the new house. I'm sure it will be beautiful since you have wonderful taste!! Miss you so much and see you soon.
P.S. Colin can say Owen now when he sees a picture of him..too sweet :)
Post a Comment