"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

hello & goodbye

Hello Rice Cereal!

At Owen's 4 month check-up his doctor suggested I start him on rice cereal. Dr. Love thought it might help Owen sleep through the night (since the little guy still wakes me up every 2 hours). Mothering Magazine suggests rice cereal to be unnecessary as it may lead to obesity (and perhaps diabetes) and it has very little nutritional value. So, I decided to wait it out. Owen will be 5 months this Saturday (can you believe it?) and I thought if I was going to try it, why not go ahead and do it now. At least this way he could get used to having something in his mouth.






Like Mikey, "He likes it."


Goodbye to our dear friends Anna & Paul (beautiful couple on the left.... Sarah & Rich Jennings on the right). We met Anna & Paul a few years ago when we all moved to Asheville (us from Cullowhee and them from Los Angeles). We lived on the floor above them at Cranbrook Apartments. We wish Paul and Anna all the best!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owen looks happy :) Tell him it won't be long now and his girlfriends will be making their big debut!!

Anonymous said...

So cute. I can't believe that Owen is big enough to eat from a spoon!! Time flies..

Heather M. said...

I hope the food helps so you can get some more sleep!!!