We found a great 2 bedroom condo on the beach in Wild Dunes that we may go ahead and book for next year! It had everything we needed and felt like our little home away from home!
Aside from Danny getting pulled over for speeding...in the Swagger Wagon.... 30 miles outside of Spartanburg, and the kids wanting to watch Blues Clues OVER and OVER, we couldn't have asked for a better vacation!
We spent everyday at the beach and pool, we met up with friends at the park, for drinks and a late afternoon play date on the beach. We went into downtown Charleston and walked around, visited the SC Aquarium, rode bikes around Wild Dunes, found 2 play grounds, played games, had breakfast and coffee on the deck over looking the ocean EVERYDAY (Danny even got in a round of golf.) We also ate at a few restaurants that exceeded our expectations and a few good ol standbys! The kids had a ball and once we realized a vacation with kids does not allow for us to sit and relax, rather build sand castles and play in the ocean, we all had a good time!
I took several hundred pictures, but thought I'd only share a few of my favorites :)
Our sweet growing family.... Next year, we'll be Johnson Party of FIVE and I may have a bottle of wine or a pretty stout drink in my hand as well! That is, if I haven't committed myself by then.
On our last night, I got the boys dressed and had hoped to get one of those classic dunes pictures, but Owen fell asleep before dinner and it just didn't happen. I attempted again the morning we left, but it was windy and sunny and this was the best I could get...No Christmas card photo here...Owen actually looks like he should have freckles and Ben was planning his escape route to the ocean...See ya next year beach, this mama is ready for fall now!
**Our new dining recommendations for IOP/Charleston**
We ate at The Mustard Seed and Sette, which are both owned by the same people. We had great food at both! I may have actually enjoyed my Butternut Squash Ravioli with brown butter sauce and topped with blue cheese and toasted walnuts so much that I dreamed about seconds!
We also ate at Coconut Joe's on the beach in IOP. This is always a go to place for us. I think the atmosphere is really what draws us there! The food is just OK (the Blood Mary's are off the hook...when I can actually consume alcoholic beverages), but dining on the water with an ocean breeze is the best!
We also ate at East Bay Deli, which was walking distance from the SC Aquarium. It was pretty yummy and it seemed to be a local hot spot for lunch.
1 comment:
I can't believe how blond Ben's hair is now. Love your pics!! I have a few (I mean several and I mean several 100 pictures) from Disney that I need to blog about. I won't post all of those, but there are a lot, lol!
Post a Comment