"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

We had a fun filled day planned for the 4th. Danny and I packed the kids up and headed toLake Lure for some water play and good ol redneck fun. The kids had a blast playing in the lake and at the splash pad and Danny and I caught a few rays while they played.





We left in time to get home and get ready for a cookout at our neighbors house. When we got home, by far the worst migraine I have ever had kicked in and I was toast for the rest of the night. Danny had to make our dish for the cookout and take the kids by himself. I think they all had fun and I hate I missed it (and there are no pictures since the family photographer was absent.)

Danny brought the kids home close to 8pm and they waited on our friends the Anders to come over and watch the fireworks. We have a great view of the fireworks from our front yard, which is really nice! We don't have to load up and go anywhere and better yet, we don't have to get in any traffic.

Once again, I was in bed or hanging over the toilet with the worst ever migraine, so there are no pictures of the kids playing and watching the fireworks. I'll have to steal some of Maggie's off Facebook. It looked like fun was had by all! Danny said Ben kept saying, "Oooh, Awwww" every time a firework would go off.

Here are a few of Maggie's pictures of the kids playing...





1 comment:

Cindy said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well. This was probably one of the worst 4th of July's we've had in awhile. It rained and was cool most of the weekend so we couldn't go to the lake. We ending up painting my hallway, which desperately needed it (hasn't been painted in 15 years). The City of Norman cancelled the fireworks show for only the 2nd time in 30 something years. All of us have been sick off and on with some type of head cold/throat problems. So, I feel for ya!!