"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring LOVE!

I couldn't have dreamed up a more perfect day!


While Danny was busy building steps for our new porch, me and the kids met Julie at the park for some good kid chasing exercise!







When I got home from the park, I brought the kids in and quickly left again to meet Maggie and Bethany for a walk at Biltmore Park. We haven't walked together outside in months and it was such a nice change from working out indoors and a good time to catch-up! After we finished our 45 min walk, I went in the Y and did a few more miles (had to work off all that marked down Easter candy Danny keeps bringing home, Oreos and the huge burrito I inhaled at Neo Cantina last night!)

After some much needed exercise, I went home and got Owen and took him back to a new
Toy Store in Biltmore Park (We had gone to the Grand Opening yesterday, but I didn't have my purse with me, so I promised Owen we would get some money from his piggy and head back there today.)


he was "a kid in a toy store!"
looking for the perfect purchase....
he decided against the flower head piece and magic wand, and settled on a water gun, a wind up dinosaur and a set of frog Velcro ball catcher things (not real sure what to call these, but they are fun!) He had his little buggy filled and money in hand!
Checking to make sure everything was in the bag...

Afterward, we walked down to Coldstone Creamery for some yummy ice cream!
and to top it all off, Danny made delicious fajitas and I got to take a shower without little ones walking in and out of the bathroom...

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I thought you had me at Coldstone. Until you said a solitary shower. Oh My!

Cindy said...

Sounds like heaven!!