We took Owen to Toy's R Us today and let him pick out his first bike. We had already browsed online and he was pretty set on getting a Spiderman bike and helmet. I wasn't sure if he even knew who Spiderman was, so asked him and he said yes. When I asked him what color Spiderman was, he said yellow. I said, 'No, he's blue and red." Owen then said, "Well, he has action fingers." I guess he's seen an action figure commercial on TV at some point.
Anyways, he picked out and test road the Spiderman bike at the store and then we tried on helmets until we found one for 5 yr olds that would fit his huge head. It came with a bell to put on his bike and he will thrilled with the whole outfit!
I bought the one in the box to save a few dollars, plus, Owen enjoyed helping Danny put it together. Once it was assembled, He took it for a spin.
2 comments:
Wow! Doesn't seem possible he's big enough for a bike. I remember you guys had just moved in next door when Erin got her first bike. Life goes by fast. I miss you all!
~Kristen
Sweet! Spider man rules at our house too! Skylar loves him...but I have no idea why. He's never seen a spider man cartoon. Skylar got a bike for his last birthday and he was doing so well riding it and for some reason, he's terrified of it now. So weird...boys! Owen already looks like a pro.
Post a Comment