"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Mother's Day
Danny asked me last week what I wanted for Mother's Day and when I told him I thought it would be nice to have brunch and maybe take the kids to paint pottery, he was all about it. We got a late start Sunday morning due to a very sleepless night for ALL, so when we arrived at Stoneyknob Cafe and the wait was a little longer than we were up for, we headed into downtown and decided to eat at the Over Easy Breakfast Cafe.Afterward, we walked to Fired Up and let Owen and Ben each paint a tile (with our help of course.) I really wanted both of their hand prints, but settled for Ben's footprint when his little hand wouldn't stay open long enough for a print. We did try, and ended up with a blob each time. I want to hang these in our laundry room with hooks underneath for their little coats and bags.




I had such a wonderful day with my wonderful little family! I am so lucky to have two beautiful and healthy little boys that make every sacrifice (including sleep) so worth it and a great husband who helped make this a very, very special and fun day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a great idea! Happy Mother's Day!
sounds like such a great way to spend the day. you are such a beautiful mama. :)
Post a Comment