"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

check-up +

I had my 27 week check-up today and Baby Ben is just a kickin'. His heartbeat was 153 beats/minute and he was moving all over the place. I, on the other hand, am experiencing ALL the physical symptoms of being 27 weeks pregnant. I have aches and pains throughout my stretching abdomen, pins and needle tingling in my feet, numbness in my hands and arms while I am sleeping, sharp pains in my legs at night, terrible indigestion, shall I go on (and on, and on)? I have gained EIGHT pounds since my visit a month ago. I wasn't too happy about this. I am actually trying to blame it on the fact that I had a full bladder when the nurse weighed me, although it may be due to all the fun stuff I've been eating like those darn pickles and that extra LARGE bowl of chocolate ice cream I ate just before heading to my appointment. All in all, I have gained 14 pounds and I have 3 months to go. With Owen, I only gained 18 pounds total. HOW BIG AM I GOING TO GET????????

On Saturday Danny and I went to Greenville, SC for a baby shower in honor of some friends from college. After the shower, we headed to Spartanburg to visit with Danny's parents and his grandmother. Once we were finished visiting, I convinced Danny to drive down to Gaffney so I could "look" around the Pottery Barn Outlet. We were looking for two leather chairs and a shower curtain, and we ended up buying a crib and bedding for the new nursery. I can't wait to see it all in the new house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW!! you have to post pics of the bedding, or at least give a little more info on what it looks like! So excited for you.
lots of love,
alice

The Ledfords said...

Don't worry about the weight gain. I am just telling you what everyone keeps telling me! Of course I WANTED to gain 18 lbs with this one, but now I am already double that! At least you can say with your first that is how much you gained!!

That is awesome about the Pottery Barn stuff. I'd give anything to have an outlet out here. Can't wait to see pics! What is the pattern called?