"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Sunday, November 4, 2007

O's PARTY!

On Saturday we celebrated Owen's 1st birthday with 48 of our closest friends and family. I was really pleased with how everything turned out and especially pleased with how excited Owen seemed. I think he had a wonderful time and by all means was spoiled with gifts and attention (as any one year old should be.)

The theme for his party was monkey's. We had a monkey cake made for all the guests and a "destruction" cake for the birthday boy. We also had Chunky Monkey ice cream, Chocolate Monkey trail mix (w/banana chips, coconut, and chocolate), there were even monkey themed favor bags with a monkey bath squirter for each of the little kids.



Here is the birthday boy just after he made his debut....

and eating his special cake...
and modeling his new puppy dog hat...

all his gifts...

attempting to open them himself...

and finally wondering where everyone went...

His actual birthday is Wednesday, so we will be celebrating with his Kindermusik class and later we will be having dinner with Julie and anyone else that would like to join us.

9 comments:

Heather said...

What a beautiful cake!!! Happy Birthday Owen!!!

Heather M. said...

Sooooo cool!!!!!! Happy Bday, Owen!

Anonymous said...

we had a great time! thanks for inviting us! the girls LOVE the monkey party favor- they can't stop chewing and sucking on it! hope you guys had a great time too and i know owen will love playing with all of his new toys! after christmas, the girls will have their wagon too and we can take them all around the neighborhood together!!

shelby valadez said...

I am so nervous about Anna's party, so I am happy to see that yours went well! Happy birthday Owen!

Heather M. said...

Looks like everything went well! Love the monkey idea!

The Ledfords said...

Happy Birthday Owen!! I love the monkey theme, that is so cute and original!!

Joanna Bolick said...

Happy, happy birthday to Owen!

Crystal said...

Looks like a great party!! I love the monkeys theme and the guest of honour looks SO grownup. Thanks for sharing all the pictures - they really are worth a 1000 words!!

Heather said...

What a little man dressed in his shirt and tie! I'm glad he had a good party and hate we couldn't make it. All those toys!! Just think--Christmas is only 7 weeks away and more toys come!!!