"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Share your girly wisdom

* I learned yesterday how to stack hair bows (so glad a little girl shared this with me, otherwise I may have gotten rid of Audrey's baby bows.)

* While stocking up on cotton shorts at Gymboree yesterday, a fellow digger in the $3.99 bins told me to save Audrey's outgrown cotton shorts to wear as bloomers under her dresses the following year(s). Especially when dresses do not come with bloomers or girls are wearing underpants and it's too hot for bike shorts or leggings.

* I remember Kelly Fisher telling me how she would save Charlotte's outgrown dresses and use them as shirts the following year. (If the arm holes allowed for it.)

What are your suggestions? What basics do I need? How many and what kind of leggings, tights, shoes, etc. What are your favorite brands for little girls?

I welcome all advice and suggestions... Comment here and include links if you can :)


1 comment:

Heather said...

I've learned to always look for pants with pull in waists because Lily is TINY. She can wear Luke's 0-3 pants for long shorts! I was just cleaning out Lily's closet yesterday and decided to keep a lot of dresses to wear with pants on the bottom. I get lots of leggings at Target on sale for .99! I love Baby LuLu for little girls. Oh, and if you have a Sam Moon, it's the best place for bows!