"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

About a month ago I noticed a co-worker from WCU had posted a video and pictures of him and his mom during the windtunnel at the Appalachian Amusement Center in Maggie Valley. I thought it looked like a lot of fun and thought it just might be the perfect Father's Day surprise for Danny. I e-mailed back and forth with Peter about all the details and then called and made arrangement for us to go today.

I thought it would be nice to have breakfast at Sunny Point Cafe in W. Asheville, which is becoming a pretty famous establishment here and we've never been. I called to make reservations last week, because I knew we had to be almost to Tennessee at 11am and I was afraid we might have to wait too long to eat. I quickly learned it's first come first serve for breakfast and lunch...which concerned me a bit.

We got a late start this morning since Danny didn't really know what we were doing and where we were going, so he wasn't moving real fast. When we got to Sunny Point, the wait list was 3 long pages, so we decided to go somewhere else. Danny thought I was taking him to a zip line that I had been talking about, so he suggested we go north to Stoney Knob Cafe, which was in the wrong direction from the AAC...but I didn't want to say anything, so we drove to Weaverville.


Danny and the boy's at breakfast
I knew we were going to be late, so I called the AAC and let them know, which all worked out!

After breakfast, we headed to Maggie Valley. He still had no clue where we were going until we got off the exit and approached the center .

Once we got inside and Danny signed his life away, we headed up to where he had to take a short class and suit up. Owen was beyond himself excited and we were not leaving without him flying too, so I had to go back downstairs and sign my 1st born's life away too....

He suited up and they were both ready to fly!


What a fun and exciting day for 2 of my 3 boys :)

1 comment:

The Presnell's said...

OMG, that looks so cool!!!! I want to do that too!!