The phone rang around 6am Friday morning and Danny jumped up to answer it. My heart was racing as I was thinking something was wrong. After all, people don't call to chat at 6am. Danny, in his most serious voice, said the following....
ok, sure, uh huh, absolutely,
ok.... I am still wondering who he's talking to and what is going on. Finally he mentions something about milk, day care and car seats. Whew! I knew then
Kelly was having her baby and they needed us to watch Charlotte. At this point, I was beside myself with excitement.
Kelly and
Koli dropped Charlotte off around 7am and Owen woke-up shortly after. The two played and ate their breakfast as well as a watched a little Curious George. Around 8:30am I started getting Charlotte ready for school. I wasn't too sure what I was doing. I had to dress her and do her hair (keep in mind I have a boy). Charlotte was a doll and was very patient with me.

Kelly called around 3:30pm to tell me Barrett
Koli Fisher was born at 2:30pm. He was 7 lbs 14oz and 19 inches long with a head full of dark hair.
I stopped by the hospital to see the happy family on Saturday. I picked-up a cute
shirt for the little guy at the mall. Kelly and
Koli wanted the sex to be a surprise, so they are in need of lots baby blue!

Here is BIG sister Charlotte with her new baby brother. She was sure he was going to be a girl. Regardless, she is going to be the best and most proud big sister!

I got to hold the little cutie while Kelly and
Koli ate their dinner.

As I was leaving I talked to a nurse in the elevator about the drop in barometric pressure and how it brought out all the babies. She said the hospital had a record weekend of births. I believe 27 babies were born yesterday. Kelly had to deliver in a post-op room rather than a delivery room. She didn't even have a door just a curtain separating her from everyone else. She said she kept hearing another mother-to-be, who was next to her, throwing up. What a story.
Congratulations Fisher family!!!
And a Happy Birthday to my wonderful father-in-law, Dan!
4 comments:
He is precious! I can't believe there were so many babies born!! I hope Amy and Jenny have an acutal room sometime this week!!
Wow! Congrats to Kelly and family! What a beautiful baby and Kelly looks great--doesn't look like she just had a baby at all. Please email me her address so I can send her a card. I have new posts to write(we just got back from the beach for Abbie's first time yesterday) :)
Congrats to them! That is wonderful!
What a beautiful family! That is crazy about the barometric pressure thing - who knew?? I DO love your hair, by the way!!
Post a Comment