"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Danny joins the club....

Danny's been giving me a hard time about being 30 for the past 2 years, so it gives me great pleasure to finally welcome him to the club!

Knowing I didn't I have time or means to pull off a surprise party, I offered up the idea of having a "Happy Hour" at our house to celebrate and he seemed pretty excited! He put together a list of e-mails for his co-workers and I started getting things together.

He had a nice turn out and we had PLENTY of beer, liquor and wine for a party much longer than a "Happy Hour."

It rained off and on all day yesterday, so I waited until the last minute to set everything up (trying to decide whether or not to have it indoors or out.) We went ahead and had everything inside, and of course the weather was fine and most everyone stayed outside. I didn't get any pictures of the party guests, food a or our little bar, but oh well....

After everyone left, Owen was a little upset that they didn't sing Happy Birthday to Danny, so we put a few candles in a mini-brownie and sang to him.



Saturday, bright and early, we head out for Barbados to finish celebrating :)

No comments: