Since Thanksgiving night when Owen started throwing up, a week later when Ben got diarrhea and a serious diaper rash, and then just before Christmas we all got what felt like the flu, our house has been a disaster and the holidays felt like a whirlwind! We really haven't had much time or energy to get it all together which is why this poor little blog has been lacking some serious updating. Hopefully, I'll muster up some energy to write about our Thanksgiving and Christmas and trip to Atlanta to see my college BFF over New Years, but until then.... here's the official announcement of why I am really behind at EVERYTHING.....
Just after Thanksgiving I had that feeling....you know that feeling that sends you into a state of depression, shock, and excitement all in one???? I told Danny and he felt the same way, so after a few days he came home with a little box from the drug store, I drank two big glasses of water and then the family made a trip to our bathroom. I opened the box, took a deep breath and then told Danny if the test was negative, he was getting fixed and if the test was positive, he was getting fixed! I can remember taking the test for Owen and Ben and eager awaiting the 2 little pink lines to appear and when that second faint line finally appeared (which felt like eternity) we were so excited and eager to take the second one in the box to make sure it was true. This time, I swear I peed 2 pink lines. It was instant. Oh my, what on Earth were we going to do now? Deep down I wanted a third child, I just wanted to wait until Owen was in school and I had actually had some time to do some things for myself. Seriously, I barley get out of the house now. Ben is still nursing 1-2 times a day, I keep Ella 3 days a week and I am doing good to get a shower. Now, I PREGNANT, which means 14-16 weeks of morning sickness...YAY... I am going to have to re-think the monogrammed towels I have in the boys bathroom, I'm going to have to order another Potterybarn stocking, I am going to have to get Ben out of his crib and into Owen's room, I'm going to have to add a 3rd bird to my necklace, and what upsets me almost more is that we're going to have to get a mini van. AWWWWWWWW.
Today we had our fist ultrasound and it made everything all the more real.
Here is our newest little addition at 9 weeks 5 days.... Expected date of arrival: August 12, 2010.

Wish us luck and someone send me a villiage; I think I need one!
11 comments:
Ooooooh, I'm so excited for you!!!! Even if you were a little in shock at first (the way it sounds.) Just what will happen if this little one is a girl, I wonder?? :)
You are such a good mama. Better to have them all now at once, don't you think? I am happy for you!
August, though...that's gonna be hot.
Congrats to you guys!! How exciting! You know this is why I kept being a surrogate, right? It helped delay the inevitable snip, snip for Clayton because I didn't have to worry about getting preggo with my own since I was already pregnant. It was foolproof birth control, lol. Anyway, good luck to you and I hope the pregnancy goes smoothly. :)
congratulations! I remember the feeling of excitement and worry, but I know that you will be an awesome mama of 3!!
Congratulations!!! Been there done that. I can remember being in shock too when I found out that I was pregnant with my third child (Kimberly and Bryan are only 14 months apart), but I wouldn't change a thing. I am blessed to have three great children. Sounds like you are such a good Mom and don't worry you will eventually get to take a shower again one day. :-)
Think pink!!
Merry Nichols
Well said, Merry. And yes, Crystal, THINK PINK!!
Well congrats!! I know that it seems like a lot all at once but you will be glad when they are all the same age and growing up together! I'm excited for you guys, and sad I don't get to see yall more...maybe one day we will all live closer together :) miss you, love you. ALICE
yay! Don't worry, I've got a third set of hands for Moe's Monday-- 3 adults, 3 kiddos! And if it's a girl, I'll teach her ballet-- and if it's a boy-- we already know what to do!!
-julie
YAAAY! I thought you guys were possibly done! Glad to hear that you guys are not! Congrats!!! So exciting!!!!! :):)
oh my!!!! what a happy surprise! gosh, i'd been flustered with emotions. thinking of you and wishing you a healthy pregnancy. :)
you will be a wonderful mama to 3 and mini-vans really aren't that bad.
congrats! :)- Ali
oh wow. woohoooooo! congrats!
Post a Comment