"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Monday, November 7, 2011

Owen turns FIVE

When Owen was 3 he asked for chocolate milk and I told him he had to wait until he was 5. You better believe he made sure I remembered this, as he has reminded me on multiple occasions throughout the past year.

We wanted to make a big deal of this since it was so important to him....

He had his very first chocolate milk and our traditional birthday pumpkin muffin to celebrate turning FIVE!

Ben handled this rite of passage just as we suspected...

I sent muffins to school with Owen to celebrate with his friends and then we had Moe's, per his request, for dinner.

I will admit, Owen turning FIVE has been difficult for me. I tear up as I kiss him goodnight and think about all the things he can do on his own now...all the things he no longer needs me for. I think about how easily I embarrass him when I kiss or hug him, toss him upside down or tickle him in front of his friends; the things that have always made him smile and giggle, now embarrass him.

He is so smart and such a good kid. He loves books and wants to learn to read. His favorite activity at preschool (aside from lunch) is listening books. He loves to build and has just gotten his first real (little)Legos. He is very interested in science and animals. His favorite shoes on TV are Wild Kratts and Cyber Chase.

He is a great big brother and helps me so much with Audrey!

He still loves p-nut butter and jelly sandwiches, mac and cheese, quesadillas and homemade pizzas. He loves pesto, artichokes, tomatoes and broccoli. Drinks milk, but mostly water and apple juice from time to time. Has never had soda or sweet tea.

He has the sweetest smile and chubby cheeks and although HE is FIVE, he still is my baby!


No comments: