"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Friday, June 10, 2011

lately

we've been...

eating a lot of ice cream, Popsicles and Italian ice

playing in the sprinkler, water table and taking trips to the splash pad and creek

after dinner trips to the park

celebrating our last day of Play and Learn and Little Gym (for Owen at least)

getting ready for Owen's first day of preschool (he starts next week...AHHHH!)

planning Ben's 3rd birthday party

NO TV... the kids have not wanted to watch it now for going on 3 weeks. It's strange, but nice. Sometimes I need them to watch it and they just aren't interested. Lot's of books, pretend play, high squeals and www.pbskids.org.

amazed at how much more Ben has started to communicate verbally in the past few weeks. He's a character for sure! We're working on tantrums and behavioral techniques that suit him. "No Thank You" is taking the place of screams and throw himself on the floor episodes.

watching Audrey discover the world around her. She's growing so fast!

adjusting to Danny's new work schedule... he took on a management position at work that is wonderful for him, but less flexible and we don't see him as much :(

late night tickle time... not sure why I do this, it makes them super hyper just before bed.

naps for Audrey in her crib...hoping to transition her there for bedtime...soon.

making an effort to reconnect and spend more time with our wonderful friends. sometimes LIFE gets in the way and routine takes the place of making a phone call or taking the time to visit with someone. It's not easy with 3 under 5, but it's not impossible either.

celebrating little ones and watching them grow. tired, but life is GOOD!




2 comments:

Andrea said...

About 6 months ago I started watching a baby (now 10mo) while her mama works from 2p-midnight three nights a week. So know that I think of all my friends with three young kids as I cook dinner, eat dinner, clean up dinner, watch hyper kids who just got a food-boost, bath time, bed time, and usually not ready to go to bed time....... It's not easy, but I depend on my friends to talk me through it. :)

Andrea said...

I am helping out a friend while she works 2nd shift by watching her 10mo old 3 nights a week. From 2pm until midnight I have to entertain 3 very young kids while I make dinner, eat dinner, encourage kids to eat dinner, clean up 6 messy-chubby hands and 3 messy faces, clean up dinner, give baths, and get them ready for bed.....it wears me out. I think of you and another friend who has 3. I just have to say, WOW!!! If you have any pointers let me know! I have done this for about six months, but I get paid a dollar an hour. :) But three times the hugs isn't so bad.